Second Opportunity System (SOS)
SOS has dedicated, professional staff who are committed and passionate about serving youth in need. SOS can assist in accomplishing things a person never thought possible.
Where will SOS Take me?
SOS stands for Second Opportunity System and the important word is OPPORTUNITY. This program helps out-of-school youth find opportunities into success. The successes youth have attained in SOS have been inspirational to others that follow. The SOS staff is proud of every effort made by the out-of-school youth to make the most of the opportunities presented to them.
With the direction of the program, youth can:
- Receive financial assistance in obtaining their GED
- Ready to Work/Career Readiness Certificate
- Receive assistance in applying for financial aid and college
- Gain work skills in local business/industries
- Complete job skills training or college degree
- Receive scholarships
- Counseling in:
- Time Management
- Goal Setting
- Decision Making
- Work Skills Training
- Monetary Assistance for:
- Basic Skills Training
- Academic Progress/Achievement
- Leadership Skills
How do I join SOS?
You must be out of school and between the ages of 16 and 24 and have:
- Driver's License or State Issued ID
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Income and one of the following barriers:
- Basic Skills Deficient
- Job Skills Deficient
- Pregnant or Parenting
- Birth Certificate of Child
- High School Drop Out
- Foster Care/Homeless
- Juvenile or Adult Offender
Who do I contact?
800-648-3271 ext. 5678