Bevill State Ranked No. 4 in Alabama Community Colleges
February 13, 2017
Bevill State Community College has been ranked No. 4 in Alabama in community colleges. The ranking comes from Niche, a website that combines rigorous analysis with authentic reviews to highlight the best places to live and go to school. This ranking was based on key statistics and student reviews using data from the U.S. Department of Education. The list includes public junior colleges, public technical schools, and all other public 2-year colleges. Review the list of best community colleges in Alabama.
Bevill State Community College President Dr. Larry Ferguson stated, “We are honored to be recognized by Niche as one of the best community colleges in Alabama. Great things are happening at Bevill State!”
Niche incorporated the following factors into its ranking of community colleges:
- Value grade, which incorporates statistics such as average loan amount, alumni earnings and student surveys regarding value. BSCC earned a B-.
- Professors’ grade, which incorporates factors such as number of awards won by faculty, student-faculty ratio, as well as student surveys regarding professor quality. BSCC earned a B+.
- Student experience grade, which incorporates factors such as retention and graduation rates, as well as student surveys regarding the overall student experience. BSCC earned an A-.
- Student surveys on overall experience. Niche survey responses scored on a 1 to 5 scare regarding the overall experience of students and alumni at each school. BSCC scored 4.3 out of 5.
- Diversity grade, which incorporates factors such as ethnic composition of the student body, proportion of international students and out-of-state students, as well as student surveys regarding diversity on campus. BSCC earned a C+.
- Local area grade, which incorporates factors such as median rent, local crime rates, access to amenities, as well as student surveys regarding the local area around campus. BSCC earned a C.